- Category: Industry
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 July 2011 16:55
- Published on Tuesday, 22 February 2011 00:37
The natural flow of Sippo Creek has been interrupted by at least four dams over the last two centuries. These dams served many purposes: to power factories, for a general water supply and to provide a back-up source of water for the Ohio Canal.
- Category: Photographs
- Last Updated on Saturday, 31 March 2012 23:05
- Published on Friday, 22 April 2011 21:50
This c.1890 photograph was taken by Albert Coleman from atop the Massillon Water Supply Company standpipe which once stood on the east end of State Avenue. In 1962, the Independent newspaper recreated the shot. What would the same area look like today?
- Category: Places
- Last Updated on Saturday, 30 April 2011 19:44
- Published on Saturday, 23 April 2011 22:19
Are the descriptions of a compelling and often-published photograph of a tavern on State Avenue wrong? Was it operated by the famous Captain Mayhew Folger or by the unknown Edward Nelson? This article takes a fresh look at the history of the tavern on Kendal Lot 86.